The Rich Young Entrepreneurs (RYE) Program is for High School Juniors and Seniors. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to develop their leadership and job readiness skills that is need to land a job as well as keep it. RYE consists of Job Readiness workshops, Basic Skills tutoring, Career Counseling, Computer Classes, and Leadership Development that last for roughly twelve weeks. After successful completion of the Workshops, you are guaranteed a job with Summer Youth Employment (SYEP), a stipend, and career development assistance. Participants in this program are tracked to ensure they graduate from high school and become engaged in positive outcomes after graduation.
How Do I Join?
To become a member of the R.Y.E Program you must be a Junior or Senior in High School. There is also an income guideline based on family size that must be verified before enrollment. The following paper work must be submitted to complete enrollment.
Program Requirements (Registration Documents) Paperwork
- Signed copy of Capricorn Application
- WIA Youth Assessment and Individual Service Strategy
- WIA Youth Program Elements Checklist
- Notice of Rights
- Academic Release
- Voter Registration Customer Questionnaire
- TABE Assessment
- Proof of family income
- Birth Certificate/Passport
- Social Security Card
- Student ID
- Working Papers
- Proof of Address
- Proof of family size
- Proof of Selective Service (for Males 18 years old)
Workshops and Computer Classes – Participants are required to attend all workshops and computer classes. Workshops will be held twice a week at either Winthrop Beacon III Community Center or Bildersee Beacon Community Center. As a group we will determine the location and days of the workshops.
Basic Skills/Academic Workshops – Participants that need assistance with Reading, Math or tutoring in other areas can attend peer study/ torturing groups to help them improve their grades.
One on One’s – Participants must have 6 one on one meeting’s with the Case Manager or Job Developer. This person will work with you one on one to give you a realistic outlook of the current job market, discussing employment, internships and or training options. In these meetings career goals are set and your progress within the program is assessed.
Beacon Community Center Registration
To participate in the RYE Program, you must register with the Beacon Community Center. A member of The Get RICH Team will provide you with the Beacon’s registration form. We will take a picture of you for your program identification card which you will need to enter the building. While you are waiting for your id you will get a temporary pass. You MUST carry this pass until your id is ready to enter the building. You have one time to forget your temporary pass or ID card. After this one time you will not be allowed into the building until you bring in your pass or id.
Expectations by the end of this program you can expect to receive:
- A guaranteed job from Summer Youth Employment
- Assistance with setting job goals and employment/internship placement
- Assistance with locating training for new skills
- Follow-ups to check employment search progress
- Basic typing/Computer classes
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Interview Preparation and Dress for Success
- Light snacks
- Metro cards (if necessary)
- Certificate of Completion
To receive a stipend you must have on file
- Have a regular attendance record- no excessive lateness or absence (more than 3 absences and 3 lateness)
- Report card/ Fall and Spring semester program card
- Cover Letter
- Results from at least three mock interviews with two of them coming from Beacon Director
- Worksheets that are given out during workshops
- Exit Test
- Diploma (if applicable)
This is a two year program. Upon completion of the twelve weeks we will be here to provide additional services and support you for two years to ensure your success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a program of Sesame Flyers International, Inc. sponsored by the Department of Youth and Community Development. Sesame Flyers International, Inc is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aides and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.